Friday, June 21, 2013

My Copic Journey part 1

 
So since I currently suck at using the incredible Copic brand markers I have decided to make them my current focus outside of doing my regular comic work.

Since my younger days at the Art Institute of Dallas ( Disclaimer: this is in no way advertisement for anyone to attend this school) there has always been these colorful objects known to many as markers.

The High School I attended only provided us with crayons and color pencils even as Seniors ( Yikes! ) I never had a chance to even experiment with markers until I attended the Art Institute.

Even at the Art Institute I didn't really grasp the potential of markers due to the fact they were so expensive at a time when all of my money was spent just trying to get to school everyday.

So here I am in the middle of my Art Career and I find other artists in my profession doing some incredible art with all kinds of markers mainly the Copic brand.

So just like everything else I have had to learn I am determined to learn step by step how to kick butt with markers and have decided that I will document my journey here on my blog for my fans or anyone who may find this useful in there quest to do the same thing!
 
Here is my current collection of Copic Markers.
Since I believe the goal is to obtain as many of these wonderful but expensive markers as possible I will post everytime I add to my set. I believe there are over 200+ colors in the Copic Sketch Marker set.

I am currently watching as many tutorials online as possible right now and have added links to several that I enjoyed at the end of this post.

Stay tuned for part 2 of My Copic Journey!

Please feel free to leave me any comments or suggestions about the use of Copic markers at anytime. Thanks.


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment