Friday, October 31, 2014

Mainstream Madness begins!

So in case you didn't know I have been doing comics for a little over 20 years although I may have only found my comfort zone when it comes to my style of art within the last 2-3 years.

Over the years I've had the opportunity to work with so many cool people doing there own independent comics that it actually allowed me to learn how to draw comics and get paid while doing so. I have tried to get work with Marvel and DC over the years but my art was not good enough and a lot of it had to do with the way I was approaching doing my comics. I always had the idea that I had to draw exactly the way some of the top artists at these companies were drawing, this left me feeling inadequate and like I would never be good enough to draw for these incredible companies.

So I worked in Video Games for a few years and thought I was safe well that didn't last long at all after a couple of years the company I was working for went belly up and I was back to doing freelance comic work. Got lucky a few years back and landed some work with Upperdeck doing Marvel licensed sketch cards and truly enjoy doing so since it helped me lose my fear of drawing Marvel characters.

Now I feel I am ready to make another run at doing comics for either Marvel or one of the other Giant comic companies and this time I will go by the rules....submission rules that is. I've always been good with chatting with the Editors and they have always been kind to me even forgiving in one instance.

but since I have been lucky enough to have a incredible fan base despite the fact I haven't done one comic for the Big 3 I  figured I would share my experience with each and every one of you as I once again attempt to accomplish my biggest dream of all time. Doing mainstream comics.

Let the Madness Begin!!!

Be sure to like me on Facebook and Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @ErikReevesart for more Mainstream Madness updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment