Saturday, June 3, 2017

ALIEN COVENANT Spoiler Free Review!


So you think you know Aliens like I do?

I am a super fan of the Alien franchise and will go toe to toe with anyone regarding these movies. 

I actually only tried to play the first Alien video game once but it scared me too much. To keep seeing face huggers unexpectedly jumping on the screen was a little to much for me back then, in all honesty I have not read the comics or novels but when it comes to the movies....

I have watched all of the Alien movies and own the great Alien Quadrilogy a nine-disc DVD Box set collection as well so I was very excited to see the new Alien Covenant movie!

This movie reminded me of how dope I thought the Prometheus movie was and how the brilliant Ridley Scott masterfully took us deeper into his terrorizing future, I enjoyed the new cast but never as much as the previous casts in other Alien movies. This movie stayed above water but never took the dive into horror that the trailers suggested.

It's definitely a solid Alien movie but unfortunately it felt to similar to the slower parts of the Prometheus movie.

The story is great, special effects were great as to be expected for a film in 2017 but I feel this film just doesn't live up to its expectations but I believe it does keep the franchise alive at least till the next Alien movie....

In a recent interview, Ridley Scott revealed that the title for the next film in the franchise will apparently be Alien: Awakening

I can't wait till they finally unleash one of those Aliens on Mother Earth oh what a fun movie that would be!

Feel free to Leave comments!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment